Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's a Card, No It's a Purse, No It's A Purse Card



Here's the pocketbook card that I made for my niece's 8th birthday. I am so proud of this. I used Cosmo Cricket designer paper, Purely Pomegranet double stitched ribbon and my corner rounder with the guard removed for the scallops on the flap of the purse. For the closure I used velcro circles and the "button" on the outside is a 1/2" cirlce punch of the paper I used for the base of the pocketbook and covered it with one of the "bubble" from SU's new build-a-brads. On the inside I attached the little sleeve that her gift card came in with red stick tape. I've heard that she loved the card and actually put her birthday money in the gift card sleeve inside the card and has been carrying it as her purse. It is so worth it to take the time to make my own cards. Tomorrow I have some non-card projects to share.

No comments: